Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Do a Google image search for "concept car".

As you can probably guess, you'll see some crazy shit. I've gotta say, I'm liking the "streamlined aquatic predator" direction in some of these designs a lot more than the "consumer electronics plastic bubble" look of others. What is up with those independent wheel pods on so many of these things? Is there some new innovation that makes axles unnecessary? I'm not a car guy by any stretch of the imagination, but I do dig weird-looking machines.

concept car concept car concept car concept car concept car concept car concept car concept car concept car concept car concept car concept car

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first one looks like it was made out of recycled Master Chiefs.

B. Zedan said...

I wonder if the pod-wheels have some sort of advantage in tight steering and parallel parking? Or they're just especially future-y.